The log cabins of yesteryear are a long reach from the modern, but still quaint, cabins of today. Some grow up in this wonderfully rich and peaceful experience while others take to this life later on during retirement or simply at a time when they are ready for a quieter existence. There are many reasons why singles, couples, and families choose the log cabin life, and we’ll explore some of those reasons during the sharing of this list, as to why you should move into the log cabin lifestyle.
Here are just 7 reasons why you should pack your bags and move into a log cabin immediately:
- You love peace and quiet
- Most log cabins are built among nature and far away from neighbours and the busy urban lifestyle. If you find yourself craving more peace and quiet, maybe it’s time to begin looking into moving into a log cabin where peace and quiet are usually the norm. For some it will be a nostalgic experience, for others, the experience will be welcomed and brand new.
- You enjoy the log cabin aesthetic
- If you are already trying to turn your current home into a log cabin by dressing it like one, maybe it’s time to think about a move to the real thing. If you currently enjoy the decorations and wildlife experience, this sign may be telling you that it’s time for your move into a log cabin. Think about it this way, you already have the furniture and all the right aesthetics so you won’t have to get rid of anything, just take it with you to your new log cabin home.
- If you love a good picturesque Winter Wonderland
- For those of us who have lived in the city, we know just how messy and dirty snow can be. Between the trampling of feet and the cars, snow is not like what we see in a Rockwell painting. However, if you move into a traditional log cabin outside the city limits, you will get your own Winter Wonderland and more. There are no strangers racing for the train or cars blowing exhaust onto the snow and turning it black. You will get that dream Christmas you’ve always wanted when you lived in that city condo.
- You’re a natural DIYer
- If you are a person that feels as if most of your furniture should be made of recycled wood and you want to build it all yourself, you sound perfect for a log cabin dweller. Being a DIYer should be a lot of satisfying fun when you have a home that calls for handmade furniture and a log cabin is just the right place calling for an owner like yourself. If you’re willing to put in the work, you can live in a beautiful and special home that was created by your own thoughts and creativity.
- You love trees and branches
- If you have a love for trees, living in a wooded area would be just perfect for you. Are you a city dweller who decorates their home with tree branches you picked up from your local park? If so, you will be in tree heaven by living much more rural in a gorgeous log cabin. Tree limbs fall all the time in areas where traditional log cabins are built, so you won’t have to try and fit one in your tote bag. You can simply go foraging for any already loose or broken branches to decorate your cabin.
- You’re a natural minimalist
- Natural minimalists are perfect for the log cabin life. Living in rural wooded areas can be quite a change for those from the city who are used to having everything nearby. Normally, rural living causes you to stay home more unless you really need something. There is most likely no mall down the road in which you can spend unnecessary money on items you don’t need. Also, you may have to deal with some lack of technology. WiFi signals aren’t always that strong in wooded areas, so you’ll need to adjust to not being on your laptops and tablets all day and night. Of course, this also means more rest, another great reason to move to a log cabin.