8 Post Shelter 5m x 5m
- Thickness: 140mmx140mm
- Width: 5.0m
- Depth: 5.0m
- Ridge Height: 3.1m
- Eaves Height: 2.0m
We chose 140mm x 140mm (5.5” x 5.5”) wooden support posts underneath a roof support system with 20mm tongue and groove timber boards. These wood posts are really chunky and noticeably give the structure a very substantial feel. 4, 6 and 8 post support systems are all available depending on the size of structure you need.
Like all Logspan products, the timber used in manufacture is sustainably grown Northern spruce. As wood is a natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly and as soon as possible.
What's included in the package is everything you need to get going:
- A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
- All wall logs, each cut to size, length and with the interlocking notches already cut out
- Floor & roof boards cut to length
- Skirting board
- Internal and External Trim
- Wind Boards for the gable ends
- Detailed instructions
- Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job (this is a generic screw pack/you are likely to have some left over)
- Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
- Roof covering - you can opt to order with or without the roof covering - This is selected at time of order
- If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
- There is also most likely to be an extra wall board with notches cut out. This is there if there are any damages or missing parts. This extra log can be used to replace the broke or missing part in the unlikely circumstance. If you don't use it, it's a free piece of wood which could be used to make a shelf or a little step for the cabin.
The only thing you will need is your own tools and a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here. It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin.