Lomond Insulated Office
Available Finance Options
Please note, Novuna is only available to UK residents over 18, subject to terms and conditions. To apply for finance, please add the product to your shopping cart, proceed through checkout and select 'Pay by Finance' as your payment option. You will be redirected to the Novuna Finance website, where you can complete the application form online. Your purchase will be delivered to the address provided on your application
1. Cosy in the Winter, Cool in the Summer
2. Compact so fits any garden
- Timber Base Work — A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame is supplied which is supported by 100mm x 100mm recycled plastic posts spaced approximately 1m apart. At each post location holes can be dug and posts are concreted into the ground. The height of the frame is determined by the highest point of the ground. This method allows airflow under the cabin and ensures a solid, level, and stable foundation.
This can be used as a permanent base, but it won't have a permanent impact on the surrounding environment that a concrete base will.
- Rubber Roofing - EPDM Rubber Roof Kit that includes a plastic rain guard and adhesive. One single sheet of rubber glued to the roof with a black trim fixed to the fascia boards. This roof covering has a 10 Year Guarantee.
- Floor Insulation - 25mm rigid foam insulation placed tightly in between the floor bearers and supported with 2 x 1 treated batons. This will stop cold air from rising underneath the floor and will help regulate the temperature throughout the year - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Extra windows
- Large Base Frame - A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame, perfect if your base is not flat or level
- Build Service
- Wired for lights and sockets
- Solar Panels and batteries for off-grid solution
|3.00||1.80||2.45||2.18||1.40m x 1.97m||4 - 0.50m x 1.97m|
|3.00||2.40||6 - 0.50m x 1.97m|
Working from home but really need your own space. The fully insulated Lomond office will suit you down to the ground. Walls are 88mm thick with Rockwool type insulation sandwiched between timber outer and inner walls, plus an insulated roof as standard and with an option to insulate the floor means a cosy and hopefully productive environment for you to work in. Not only that, it won’t look out of place in your garden.
Working from home can be a blessing and a curse. On the plus side, you can have a long lie along with the home cooking and no commute. However, the drawbacks can be things like the TV or the kids running around bouncing off the walls; not always the most productive. So one solution, take your home office out into the garden in a fully insulated Lomond Home Office cabin. This compact work hub provides a warm environment with loads of natural flooding in thanks to the full glass frontage. We’ve already mentioned heat but just to emphasize, everything is insulated! The Lomond comes in three different sizes but like all Logspan can be changed and customised to whatever way you want your workspace set up.
An electrics pack is available and due to the cavity in the walls, this allows you to have plugs wherever you like without running cables everywhere plus this package includes spotlights sunk into the ceiling.
The timber used in manufacture is sustainably grown Northern spruce. It is important to note, all cabins come with a treated base frame so this protects the bottom of the cabin but the rest of the timber MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is a natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly and as soon as possible. It is worth treating inside cabins as well before you fit it out.
What's included in the package is everything you need to get going:
- A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
- All wall logs, each cut to size, length and with the interlocking notches already cut out
- Floor & roof boards cut to length
- Skirting board
- Internal and External Trim
- Wind Boards for the gable ends
- Detailed instructions
- Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job (this is a generic screw pack/you are likely to have some left over)
- Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
- Roof covering - you can opt to order with or without the roof covering - This is selected at time of order
- If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
- There is also most likely to be an extra wall board with notches cut out. This is there if there are any damages or missing parts. This extra log can be used to replace the broke or missing part in the unlikely circumstance. If you don't use it, it's a free piece of wood which could be used to make a shelf or a little step for the cabin.
The only thing you will need is your own tools and a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here. It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin.