Milan Log Cabin
Milan Log Cabin
1. Modern Log Cabin, perfect Home Office or Garden Room
2. Low profile roof so it doesn't overpower a garden
3. Lots of glass to the front so you can sit inside while outside and enjoy your garden
If there is no price on product page please call 01389734572 or email [email protected] for a price
- Timber Base Work — A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame is supplied which is supported by 100mm x 100mm recycled plastic posts spaced approximately 1m apart. At each post location holes can be dug and posts are concreted into the ground. The height of the frame is determined by the highest point of the ground. This method allows airflow under the cabin and ensures a solid, level, and stable foundation.
This can be used as a permanent base, but it won't have a permanent impact on the surrounding environment that a concrete base will.
- Rubber Roofing - EPDM Rubber Roof Kit that includes a plastic rain guard and adhesive. One single sheet of rubber glued to the roof with a black trim fixed to the fascia boards. This
roof covering has a 10 Year Guarantee.
- Floor Insulation - 25mm rigid foam insulation placed tightly in between the floor bearers and supported with 2 x 1 treated batons. This will stop cold air from rising underneath the
floor and will help regulate the temperature throughout the year - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Insulated Roof - 50mm rigid foam insulation placed internally in between the roofing beams. 20mm tongue and groove roof boards are fixed to the roof beams inside to cover the
insulation and give a finished look. This will help regulate the temperature better throughout the year - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Extra windows
- Large Base Frame - to be used when cabin is constructed off the ground on decking or post and beam frame
- Build Service
- Door can be solid wood, full glass or 1/2 glass
- With or without Astragals/window crosses
- Wired for lights and sockets
- Solar Panels and batteries for off-grid solution
The Milan is a modern summerhouse with panoramic views to the front of the log cabin. The light that floods into cabin through the full glass frontage is ideal for lounging in the summer or using as a garden office. This log cabin features a pent roof as opposed to a standard apex style, which drops the ridge height, quite considerably, which, in turn, helps the cabin, blend in to its surroundings. Strong 45mm walls, paired with sturdy double glazed doors and windows, give you the freedom to use the Milan all year long.
All Logspan cabins come with a treated base frame which protects the rest of the unit from water abrasion on your prepared base.
The walls MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is natural material; it expands, moves and contracts, dependant on the season, so it is important to treat the timber as soon as as the building is erected. We recommend, heavily coating your external walls and applying a light varnish to your internal boards. Doors and windows will need extra attention.
All cabins MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly as soon as possible. For more advice please talk to the sales team.
A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
All wall logs, each cut to size, length and with the interlocking notches already cut out
Floor & roof boards cut to length
Internal and External Trim
Wind Boards for the gable ends
Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job (this is a generic screw pack/you are likely to have some left over)
Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
There is also most likely to be an extra wall board with notches cut out. This is there if there are any damages or missing parts. This extra log can be used to replace the broke or missing part in the unlikely circumstance. If you don't use it, it's a free piece of wood which could be used to make a shelf or a little step for the cabin.
If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
The only thing you will need is your own tools and a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here.
It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin. Estimate 2 days to build this cabin.
very quick to assemble
very quick to assemble, very efficient and polite and very good to come back with teething issues
Would definitely recommend Logspan
Great construction. The team built in 1 day.
Very versatile cabin.
Milan log cabin delivered 2nd July 2021
Thanks to Gary, Steve, and Fraser for their help and expertise and to Lucy who dealt with the online updates and correspondence.
On the day of delivery, Steve arrived and placed the cabin as far as his lorry mounted boom would allow which gave me room to manoeuvre on the drive saving a lot of hassle.
Fraser and Gary were brilliant and able to answer my questions when I called into the Logspan premises in the middle of the build, especially on the Saturday which was a horrendously wet day.
I thoroughly appreciated the help and advice which made building the cabin myself an absolute pleasure, I hope that I have done a good job and have no hesitation in recommending this company and the high quality product they supplied
We are looking forwards to spending many hours enjoying this special place.
Best wishes to all the Logspan staff.
Would like to thank you so much for the build we got recently.
The build went well. Thanks again, so many happy service users will spend so much quality time In our new building. :)