1. The Bella Log Cabin is available in 30mm or 45mm Wall Construction.
2. Thicker log gives more natural insulation, therefore cost less for heating.
3. Our wood used throughout is slow growing Scandinavian Spruce.
4. Sapcious feel to log cabin as there is lots of head room
- Wall Construction - Increase your wall log thickness from 30mm tongue & groove to 45mm double tongue & groove
- Timber Base Work — A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame is supplied which is supported by 100mm x 100mm recycled plastic posts spaced approximately 1m apart. At each post location holes can be dug and posts are concreted into the ground. The height of the frame is determined by the highest point of the ground. This method allows airflow under the cabin and ensures a solid, level, and stable foundation.
This can be used as a permanent base, but it won't have a permanent impact on the surrounding environment that a concrete base will.
- Bitumen Roofing Shingles - Overlapping heavy-duty felt material with an adhesive backing, that is nailed to the roof and finished with heavy-duty felt along the peak and eaves - 10-year guarantee. Available in red & black, green & black, or black.
- Floor Insulation - we use PIR board - Kingspan or similar - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Insulated Roof - we use Rockwool - U Value of 0.669 W/(m²K)
- Extra windows
- Large Base Frame - A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame, perfect if your base is not flat or level
- Build Service
- Door can be solid wood, full glass or 1/2 glass
- With or without Astragals/window crosses
- Wired for lights and sockets
- Solar Panels and batteries for off-grid solution
This cabin, named the Bella log cabin wouldn’t look out of place in any garden. It sports an attractive porch area to the front along with two windows wither side of the double doors at the front. Available in both a 30mm and 45mm wall thickness, the Bella certainly is a good contender for the quaint garden building in the corner of the garden.
The Bella log cabin is relatively new to the Logspan product bank but none the less has established itself as one of the most popular 30mm cabins available. The space provided in this garden cabin along with the front porch section really makes this cabin an enticing proposition to most garden building scenarios. It is also a very bright log cabin due to the double doors having three quarters glazing at the front and the two large single windows either side letting plenty of light flood in. The Bella log cabin is available in a wide range of sizes and is also available with 45mm walls. Like all our cabins, if there isn’t a size that fits your situation, contact us and we will do a custom build size for you at no extra cost.
As is standard with all Logspan cabins, the timber used in manufacture is sustainably grown Northern spruce. It is important to note, all cabins come with a treated base frame so this protects the bottom of the cabin but the rest of the timber MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is a natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly and as soon as possible. It is worth treating inside cabins as well before you fit it out.
What's included in the package is everything you need to get going:
- A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
- All wall logs, each cut to size, length and with the interlocking notches already cut out
- Floor & roof boards cut to length
- Skirting board
- Internal and External Trim
- Wind Boards for the gable ends
- Detailed instructions
- Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job (this is a generic screw pack/you are likely to have some left over)
- Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
- Roof covering - you can opt to order with or without the roof covering - This is selected at time of order
- If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
- There is also most likely to be an extra wall board with notches cut out. This is there if there are any damages or missing parts. This extra log can be used to replace the broke or missing part in the unlikely circumstance. If you don't use it, it's a free piece of wood which could be used to make a shelf or a little step for the cabin.
The only thing you will need is your own tools and a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here. It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin.