Hideaway Log Cabin
- Log Thickness: 30 - 45mm
- Width: 3.3 - 3.8m
- Depth: 2.3 - 3.8m
- Ridge Height: 2.80m
- Eaves Height: 2.21m
Hideaway Log Cabin
1. Many size options so one will be the perefect fit for your garden
2. High quality Garden Room
3. Small enough for fitting into any garden
If there is no price on product page please call 01389734572 or email [email protected] for a price
- Timber Base Work — A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame is supplied which is supported by 100mm x 100mm recycled plastic posts spaced approximately 1m apart. At each post location holes can be dug and posts are concreted into the ground. The height of the frame is determined by the highest point of the ground. This method allows airflow under the cabin and ensures a solid, level, and stable foundation.
This can be used as a permanent base, but it won't have a permanent impact on the surrounding environment that a concrete base will.
- Bitumen Roofing Shingles - Overlapping heavy-duty felt material with an adhesive backing, that is nailed to the roof and finished with heavy-duty felt along the peak and eaves - 10-year guarantee. Available in red & black, green & black, or black.
- Floor Insulation - 25mm rigid foam insulation placed tightly in between the floor bearers and supported with 2 x 1 treated batons. This will stop cold air from rising underneath the
floor and will help regulate the temperature throughout the year - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Insulated Roof - 50mm rigid foam insulation placed internally in between the roofing beams. 20mm tongue and groove roof boards are fixed to the roof beams inside to cover the
insulation and give a finished look. This will help regulate the temperature better throughout the year - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Extra windows
- Large Base Frame - A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame, perfect if your base is not flat or level
- Build Service
- Door can be solid wood, full glass or 1/2 glass
- With or without Astragals/window crosses
- Wired for lights and sockets
- Solar Panels and batteries for off-grid solution
Think traditional country cottage. Think quiet reading room at the bottom of the garden. Think a paint studio. We didn’t name this cabin the ‘Hideaway’ by accident; we wanted to bring these kind of ideas into your head. There is nothing flashy about this cabin but when you take cabin and personalise it, you will love the results. A standard apex roof with a door and two windows, this cabin will appeal those looking to spend time in the quiet places in life. Some pictures show the upgraded double glazed option. Available from £300. Cabin comes with two windows as standard, extra windows can be added.
The idea behind the Hideaway cabin was simply as the name suggests, the provide that quiet place in the middle of the country or the bottom of the garden which is away from the busyness of life or somewhere to get peace to get some work done! People use our cabins for all manner of things but with this cabin we tried to stir up the thought of ‘Hiding-away’ from life and getting some time to yourself and your dog or some time with the family. Standard in this package is 30mm walls, a single door flanked by two single windows either side and 20mm heavy duty floor. Having said all the things we have above having a peaceful life in this cabin, you could use this cabin for whatever you like but we our inspired by what our customers have done in this past. There is a range of sizes in this cabin and 45mm walls are also available.
Like all Logspan cabins, the timber used in manufacture is sustainably grown slow grown Scandinavian Spruce. It is important to note, all cabins come with a treated base frame so this protects the bottom of the cabin but the rest of the timber MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is a natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly and as soon as possible. It is worth treating inside cabins as well before you fit it out.
What's included in the package is everything you need to get going:
- A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
- All wall logs, each cut to size, length and with the interlocking notches already cut out
- Floor & roof boards cut to length
- Skirting board
- Internal and External Trim
- Wind Boards for the gable ends
- Detailed instructions
- Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job (this is a generic screw pack/you are likely to have some left over)
- Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
- Roof covering - you can opt to order with or without the roof covering - This is selected at time of order
- If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
- There is also most likely to be an extra wall board with notches cut out. This is there if there are any damages or missing parts. This extra log can be used to replace the broke or missing part in the unlikely circumstance. If you don't use it, it's a free piece of wood which could be used to make a shelf or a little step for the cabin.
The only thing you will need is your own tools and a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here. It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin.