- Bitumen Roofing Shingles - Overlapping heavy-duty felt material with an adhesive backing, that is nailed to the roof and finished with heavy-duty felt along the peak and eaves - 10-year guarantee. Available in red & black, green & black, or black.
If there is no price on product page please call 01389734572 or email [email protected] for a price
- Timber Base Work — A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame is supplied which is supported by 100mm x 100mm recycled plastic posts spaced approximately 1m apart. At each post location we dig holes and concrete the posts into the ground. The height of the frame is determined by the highest point of the ground. This method allows airflow under the cabin and ensures a solid, level, and stable foundation.
This can be used as a permanent base, but it won't have a permanent impact on the surrounding environment that a concrete base will.
- Floor Insulation - we use PIR board - Kingspan or similar - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Insulated Roof Panels - we use Rockwool - U Value of 0.669 W/(m²K)
- Insulated Wall Panels - we use Rockwool - U Value of 0.669 W/(m²K)
- Covered Terrace extension
- Additional side extensions (1.6m, 2.3m and 2.8m long)
- Extra windows
- Large Base Frame - A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame
- Build Service
- Door can be solid wood, full glass or 1/2 glass
- With or without Astragals/window crosses
- Wired for lights and sockets
- Solar Panels and batteries for off-grid solution
- Wider accessible door
The Finman 17m² Bunkhouse Cabin is the big brother of the Finman range. It's 5m in diameter and can sleep up to 10 people with our purpose built bunks system. This bunk system comes included in the package price so you are ready to start accommodating people straight away! With the bunks installed, the cabin is surprisingly spacious and there is plenty of room to put luggage or any other kit.
The walls are 45mm (nearly 2”) thick and all windows and doors have full double glazing. Like all of our cabins, this Bunkhouse is manufactured using sustainably slow grown Scandinavian spruce. Also included FREE in the package is the bench seating for round the walls on the outside. Even if you didn’t want to use these against the hut, you could use them elsewhere as they are freestanding.
Maybe you’ve thought about starting or extending a camp site or just wanted some extra space in your garden for the kids, this size Finman bunkhouse cabin is a really good choice. With a capacity of up to 10 people sleeping, you won’t be long getting your monies worth.
Its also a great substitute for a Yurt or Bell tent when you are fed up packing them away, dealing with the tears and wanting to extend your season into the winter.
Like all our cabins, these can we are open to whatever ideas you have during the design process as when investing a substantial amount of money, it is important that you get it right first time.
All Finman cabins MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly as soon as possible. For more advice please talk to the sales team.
What's included in the package is everything you need to get going:
- A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
- All components of the cabin are cut to size and ready for install
- Detailed instructions
- Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job
- Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
- Roof covering - Roofing Shingles Included - Choice of red, green or black
- If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
The only thing you will need is your own tools and a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here. It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin.