- Bitumen Roofing Shingles - Overlapping heavy-duty felt material with an adhesive backing, that is nailed to the roof and finished with heavy-duty felt along the peak and eaves - 10-year guarantee. Available in red, green, or black.
If there is no price on product page please call 01389734572 or email [email protected] for a price
- Timber Base Work — A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame is supplied which is supported by 100mm x 100mm recycled plastic posts spaced approximately 1m apart. At each post location we dig holes and concrete the posts into the ground. The height of the frame is determined by the highest point of the ground. This method allows airflow under the cabin and ensures a solid, level, and stable foundation.
This can be used as a permanent base, but it won't have a permanent impact on the surrounding environment that a concrete base will.
- Floor Insulation - we use PIR board - Kingspan or similar - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Insulated Roof Panels - we use Rockwool - U Value of 0.669 W/(m²K)
- Insulated Wall Panels - we use Rockwool - U Value of 0.669 W/(m²K)
- Covered Terrace extension
- Additional side extensions (1.6m, 2.3m and 2.8m long)
- Extra windows
- Large Base Frame - A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame
- Build Service
- Door can be solid wood, full glass or 1/2 glass
- With or without Astragals/window crosses
- Wired for lights and sockets
- Solar Panels and batteries for off-grid solution
- Wider accessible door
When bringing the Finman Classroom range to the market we considered three important points:
1. Due to increasing lack of funds schools are constantly facing, it had to be affordable and affordable to even the smallest school.
2. It had to be an attractive or quirky building both inside and out.
3. It had to be a beneficial teaching environment.
With all these points to consider, we decided that the Finman range would fit the bill perfectly! The hexagonal shape of the Finman range means that all the children are facing the tutor, hopefully helping even the most inattentive children gain from each lesson. Not only that but internally, it’s feels like a creative space.
The construction of the Finman is made from sustainably slow grown Scandinavian spruce and the walls are 45mm thick throughout. This version of the Finman Classroom is the baby at just 4m in diameter but can still seat up to 20 children! This isn’t going to be blowing away in the next storm! Included is all the bench seating for the whole class.
Ever since their launch, the Finman Classrooms have been a really great success so hopefully they will be the solution for your school or educational centre.
All Finman cabins MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly as soon as possible. For more advice please talk to the sales team.
What's included in the package is everything you need to get going:
- A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
- All components of the cabin cut to size and ready for install
- Removable bench seating for around the 5 walls
- INSTALLATION - All classrooms include installation within 80 miles of office (this can be opted out of if your school has a install team)
- Detailed instructions
- Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job
- Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
- Roof covering - Roofing Shingles Included - Choice of red, green or black
- If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
The only thing you will need is a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here. It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin.