Dutch Cottage Log Cabin
Dutch Cottage Log Cabin
1. High ridge so lots of storage space
2. Lots of different sizes so one is perfect for you
If there is no price on product page please call 01389734572 or email [email protected] for a price
- Timber Base Work — A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame is supplied which is supported by 100mm x 100mm recycled plastic posts spaced approximately 1m apart. At each post location holes can be dug and posts are concreted into the ground. The height of the frame is determined by the highest point of the ground. This method allows airflow under the cabin and ensures a solid, level, and stable foundation.
This can be used as a permanent base, but it won't have a permanent impact on the surrounding environment that a concrete base will.
- Bitumen Felt Roofing - Overlapping heavy-duty felt material, that is nailed to the roof - 10-year guarantee. Available in red, green, or black.
- Floor Insulation - 25mm rigid foam insulation placed tightly in between the floor bearers and supported with 2 x 1 treated batons. This will stop cold air from rising underneath the
floor and will help regulate the temperature throughout the year - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Extra windows
- Large Base Frame - A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame, perfect if your base is not flat or level
- Build Service
- Door can be solid wood, full glass or 1/2 glass
- With or without Astragals/window crosses
- Wired for lights and sockets
- Solar Panels and batteries for off-grid solution
With the barn styled roof, the Dutch Cottage log cabin offers something a little different. This style of roofing offers more height throughout the log cabin gives the overall style of the cabin a quaint look. A cabin like this can be used for loads of things, and with the extra height gives it an airy atmosphere. Simply sitting in during the summer when it will undoubtedly be raining, working in or somewhere to put garden furniture that looks attractive in the corner of our plot.
It has single, half glazed door on the front and sitting alongside, on the other half of the frontage sits a single window. The cabin comes standard with 30mm walls and a 0.4m overhang. Unique to this garden cabin, there are over 20 standard sizes available so you’re bound to find something that fits for you!
Like all Logspan log cabins, the timber used in manufacture is sustainably grown Northern spruce. It is important to note, all log cabins come with a treated base frame so this protects the bottom of the cabin but the rest of the timber MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is a natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly and as soon as possible. It is worth treating inside cabins as well before you fit it out.
Our Dutch Cottage is one of the few cabins we do that has a barn style roofing. Some people love it, others prefer a more traditional look. At Logspan we try and provide a wide variety so there is something for everyone. This cabin also comes in a huge variety of sizes and is also available in 45mm walls. A single door and a single window on the frontage of the cabin make up the simple layout of this cabin.
All cabins MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly as soon as possible. For more advice please talk to the sales team.
What's included in the package is everything you need to get going:
- A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
- All wall logs, each cut to size, length and with the interlocking notches already cut out
- Floor & roof boards cut to length
- Skirting board
- Internal and External Trim
- Wind Boards for the gable ends
- Detailed instructions
- Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job (this is a generic screw pack/you are likely to have some left over)
- Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
- Roof covering - you can opt to order with or without the roof covering - This is selected at time of order
- If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
- There is also most likely to be an extra wall board with notches cut out. This is there if there are any damages or missing parts. This extra log can be used to replace the broke or missing part in the unlikely circumstance. If you don't use it, it's a free piece of wood which could be used to make a shelf or a little step for the cabin.
The only thing you will need is your own tools and a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here. It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin.
I must tell you how much I enjoy my Dutch Cabin
I must tell you how much I enjoy my Dutch Cabin, and how much all our friends admire it. I use it as a garden shed, but it's painted blue and done out nicely, with a picture on the back wall. And I've just got a really bright LED loft light from Wickes, only £12. It runs on rechargeable batteries and has a pull cord.
We love it
We bought a lovely Dutch Cabin, it is a fantastic space to have outside in our garden. :)