Clockhouse Log Cabin
Clockhouse Log Cabin
1. Very airy inside because of the high ridge
2. Light inside because of all the glass
3. Great feature for any garden
If there is no price on product page please call 01389734572 or email [email protected] for a price
- Timber Base Work — A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame is supplied which is supported by 100mm x 100mm recycled plastic posts spaced approximately 1m apart. At each post location holes can be dug and posts are concreted into the ground. The height of the frame is determined by the highest point of the ground. This method allows airflow under the cabin and ensures a solid, level, and stable foundation.
This can be used as a permanent base, but it won't have a permanent impact on the surrounding environment that a concrete base will.
- Bitumen Roofing Shingles - Overlapping heavy-duty felt material with an adhesive backing, that is nailed to the roof and finished with heavy-duty felt along the peak and eaves - 10-year guarantee. Available in red & black, green & black, or black.
- Floor Insulation - 25mm rigid foam insulation placed tightly in between the floor bearers and supported with 2 x 1 treated batons. This will stop cold air from rising underneath the
floor and will help regulate the temperature throughout the year - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Insulated Roof - 50mm rigid foam insulation placed internally in between the roofing beams. 20mm tongue and groove roof boards are fixed to the roof beams inside to cover the
insulation and give a finished look. This will help regulate the temperature better throughout the year - U Value of 0.430 W/(m²K)
- Extra windows
- Large Base Frame - A 140mm x 95mm pressure treated base frame, perfect if your base is not flat or level
- Build Service
- Door can be solid wood, full glass or 1/2 glass
- With or without Astragals/window crosses
- Wired for lights and sockets
- Solar Panels and batteries for off-grid solution
|Cabin Dimensions (m)||Log Thickness (mm)||Doors (cm)||Windows (cm)
|3.00||5.00||3.05||2.21||45, 60 & 95||1.40m x 1.98m||
2 - 0.65m x 1.98m
4 - 0.56m x 1.52m
Looking for a the focal point of your garden for a garden office or a quiet retreat room but want something a bit special to look at? Look no further than the Clockhouse. Not only is this sizeable with loads of space inside but it is packed with features that make it more than just a big rectangle. And extended high ceiling, full height glazed double doors and an additional two floor to ceiling windows make this cabin into a truly eye catching cabin.
The Clockhouse Log Cabin really is one of our most eye catching cabins. From the start it has a 5m frontage which in itself is a fairly large size but when you walk through the double French doors into the log cabin, you will immediately be impressed with how spacious the Clockhouse Log Cabin is. The ceiling height is extended and boosts fantastic exposed chunky beams. Then either side of the double doors are three quarter length tilt and turn windows. This would make a spectacular centerpiece to any garden, a fantastic timber Summerhouse or Garden Room.
Standard wall thickness is 45mm made from sustainably grown Northern spruce, this cabin genuinely has the ‘whoah’ factor. All cabins come with a treated base frame so this protects the bottom of the cabin but the rest of the timber MUST be treated as soon as possible. As wood is natural material; it expands, moves and contracts all the time so it is important that the timber is treated properly as soon as possible. It is worth treating inside cabins as well before you fit it out.
What's included in the package is everything you need to get going:
- A treated base frame on which the whole cabin is built
- All wall logs, each cut to size, length and with the interlocking notches already cut out
- Floor & roof boards cut to length
- Skirting board
- Internal and External Trim
- Wind Boards for the gable ends
- Detailed instructions
- Screws of all lengths and sizes for each section of the job (this is a generic screw pack/you are likely to have some left over)
- Nails for putting down floor - (some like to use a brad gun instead of our nails to make 'secret nailing' in the tongue & groove boards easier)
- Roof covering - you can opt to order with or without the roof covering - This is selected at time of order
- If you have any trouble, we are available on the end of the phone to help out with build or with any queries.
- There is also most likely to be an extra wall board with notches cut out. This is there if there are any damages or missing parts. This extra log can be used to replace the broke or missing part in the unlikely circumstance. If you don't use it, it's a free piece of wood which could be used to make a shelf or a little step for the cabin.
The only thing you will need is your own tools and a flat, stable, level base. Information and advice on base work can be found here. It is also advisable to have at least 2 able bodies to build the cabin.
Would I recommend this company....absolutely!
From start to completion this was the most professional of companies. The cabin was started on the day I expected with no delays despite such cold weather. The build team were exceptional. This was a complex build yet nothing was too much trouble. The boys were hard working and very tidy.